Monday, June 9, 2014

The Ides Of Lessons

Lesson 15: Be The Influence, Not Under It.

"My life is so much better." "You get paid to do what you do, you have your own show for God sakes." That's from an interview between golf commentator/jokester/TV show host David Fehrety and Charlie Rose. Fehrety has been seven years sober and since then gained celebrity status and is up for an Emmy. He and Mr. Robert Downey Jr., the latter who had a drug struggle and even had jail time, have rose out of the ashes and look at them now. One more I'd like to mention is a Gabrielle Bernstein, who after a cocaine and alcohol habit turned herself around with kundalini yoga and since then published several books and appeared on Oprah, Doctor Oz, and Anderson Cooper.

Karma. That's what I call it. With every successful quit one good or even great thing led to another. After my successful one year quit my story was published in two magazines. My art took off and I showed in five venues to date. I met my husband. My skin cleared up and I lost 30 pounds. I can bound up the stairs and play a decent golf game. I now experience joy instead of cheap thrills leading to anguish. If we can do it, you most certainly can.

Give up the bad stuff and watch the magic happen.

Love, peace, and pars,

SSG

No comments:

Post a Comment