Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 13. Make a date with yourself!

Lesson 13: hey babe wanna date?

I was working with an holistic therapist about five years ago, and one recommendation she gave me was to "take yourself out!" and make an event out of it. Take that hot bath, gussie up, wear your best dress and jewelry, make a healthy meal or go out to your favorite place, watch your favorite guilty pleasure on TV or go out to a play, opera, movie, ballet, murder mystery theatre. She said even pleasure myself! (the jetted tub I was talking about, best sex toy ever) You can even go on the date with a best bud. (but keep the self-pleasuring solo) This will boost those endorphins and you'll feel like a queen (or king).

Personal story time: In 1995 I went to stay with an ex-boyfriend while I was in his town to see a concert. All Hell broke loose when his current sig. other (oh you have a girlfriend) found out and I decided to find the most charming and expensive hotel in town and dine, not wine, myself in their highly-classy restaurant in a little LBD which every girl should take on every vacation. I even flirted with a man across the way even though we never formally met, it was just a glance thing. But I still felt amazing.

So take yourself on a date! At home or out, you'll feel amazing.

Love, peace, and filet mignon,

SSG


No comments:

Post a Comment