Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bonsoir! Day 6!

Lesson #6: Be the best version of yourself...influences don't hurt!

Hi how are you doing? I have to admit that I have been completely obsessed with Emma Watson lately. I love her style, her tall, slender frame, her strong eyebrows, her charity work, her love for chocolate chip banana bread, and the list goes on and on. Then I caught myself totally beating myself up for not being her. Have you done this? I think so because most of us winos love to do the " poor me" schtick. Am I right or am I right? " Oh I am not lucky like her and I'm a freeloader/stupid/fat/blah/blah/blah. Good gracious, grow up! No matter what sitch you are in, it doesn't hurt to love you for YOU. No excuses, I don't care. Get out your savvy journal and write all the shit that is cool about you! Ya know I am fortunate to have some kind of inheritance, I am pretty, it's the fashion magazines and gym ads that make my arms look obese, not me. I have style, I am talented, people admire me, I can hold crow pose for two minutes. Just write it down and no negative excuses. Remember: All problems start in your stinkin' thinkin' mind, and that is also where every solution is!

So Ms. Watson actually gave me some ideas while I was stalking some of her blogs and interviews, which reminded me of some fashion tips I got from a quit-smoking site (wear your hair in a different style every day for example, seriously). I thought hey I should rim my inner lids in eyeliner once in a while, wear more headbands like she does because we both have short hair, buy only Eco-friendly clothing. Basically keep yourself busy to make yourself feel good! Try something new! Emma also takes immune vitamins which, getting off alcohol is a pretty brilliant idea. No, she is not an alchie, I just became influenced. Emergen-C is also a good one, or eating that citrus!!

Also instead of wanting, go shop in your closet! I totally caught myself watching a video of Emma in a silk button-down white blouse and thought, "That is so pretty, I want one!" Ten minutes later I'm putting laundry away and surprise! There's that white silk blouse I got last summer from theyallhateus.com hiding in the back of my closet. Oops. Go search the latest trends online and think what is similar that you have, then go hunting in the closet. Mix things up. It will be fun I promise.

The girl also likes to do Zumba. I better brush off that box I got on eBay last month.

Love, peace, and stalking,

The Savvy Sobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment