Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Welcome to life-changing day 5!

Lesson 5: Maybe it’s time for a lifestyle change!


I know I know, I told you not to give up anything except for alcohol at this point, however just start thinking about if you did change up your routine in the near future, would it help your quit? 

When I stopped wining it up I didn’t go to bars for at least a year. Even the 'high end' bars did not supply 'classy' people. Not sexy at all! All I found were older versions of meat markets. You can be savvier and more creative than that, come on. So anyway, I immediately immersed myself in yoga. In fact, I had the schedule to take yoga teacher training. A part of yoga is not to put anything toxic in your body or have a toxic lifestyle. However I believe in baby-steps, so I quit and changed one thing at a time. First drinking and no bars, okay that’s two but it needed to happen. Then treating others just as I wanted to be treated, weeding out the people who didn’t make me feel good, giving to charities and donating at the shelter, hanging out at more formal music venues, going to the new history and art museums....then I developed a solid pattern that had no room for boozing mentally and emotionally, and yes spiritually although I am not religious. I wake up and do my yoga/pilates/dance routine after drinking a lemon water and/or iced coffee, then I make a healthy smoothie. Those give me a ton of energy! Then I shower or bathe (If you have the funds I highly recommend a jetted tub or steam shower!), do my work and errands for the day, then at night I remind myself if I binge drink then I won’t be able to have that routine the next day. The reward is in the morning remember?

So for now just think about what you can do to change up your routine. Could you plan a weight-loss goal for a month? Vow to go to the gym at night? Break up with your drinking crew or hang out with them in a different situation? Go dancing on the weekends at a dry bar or more adult venue? Do 30 yoga classes in 30 days? Quit sugar for a month, and guess what alcohol has plenty of that and carbs!

It’s also time to buy a note pad or a pretty journal and jot down these ideas you come up with as well as a section for venting, goals, what you are grateful for, and writing down what is awesome about you and how you can use those talents to improve your lifestyle.


Have a wonderful Spring Day! Wear something colorful today to lift up your mood!

Love, Peace, and Trikonasana,

The Savvy Sobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment