Monday, March 17, 2014

Greetings!

After finally deciding to become successfully abstinent I want to share my experience with those of you beautiful women out there how not drinking can dramatically improve your life, and how to do it. I will work on a book as I blog every day with a different tip because blogs are much cooler than books, and books make money. (Well dreaming doesn't hurt and that is what I want all of you to do!)

I have been struggling with an on-and-off nasty binge drinking and smoking habit for at least ten years. I finally got a one-year quit in 2011 and blogged about it (http://www.smobergirl.blogspot.com), slipped, and got right back on the pumpkin, I mean wagon. Through my adventure getting "smober" (that's quitting both smoking and drinking) I realized how many lives I touched, how many women went through the same struggles I did, while getting published in two local papers about my success.

In our society most of us are pressured to drink. We'll fit in, it's hip, and boy does it feel good! Then I came to realize that in the long run it will prematurely age us, we are far far FAR more likely to get into trouble ( Two DUIs anyone?), and it can soil our reputations. Plus ladies, my "wine belly" went down in two months quitting the juice and by six months I lost thirty pounds. That will be in the beauty chapter but for now sit back, relax, don't feel guilty if you read this post-St. Patty's Day and are still trying to get that green beer stain out of your Tory Burch silk top. You can do this. Heck if I can...

Peace, love, and Pellegrino,

The Savvy Sobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment