Friday, March 28, 2014

Sweaty salsa day seven!

Lesson 7: Yoga is great and all but...

That's what a close friend of mine told me after I was doing yoga to help my quit but still frustrated about some issues. "Why not get a punching bag or try kickboxing?" She said. This, actually, is a brilliant idea, especially if you invest in some stylish workout gear. I tried the kickboxing which was great, I don't have room for a punching bag but I became an expert in hitting pillows, then I finally decided to dance! Don't laugh, but Hip Hop Abs really toned up my whole bod. Now, as a result of yesterday's web stalking, it's all about Zumba. I popped in the DVD and it was a blast! Two years ago I got a Groupon for  Zumba classes nearby and I had a great time. And don't worry, everyone makes a fool of themselves! It's fun and you sweat buckets. Your endorphins go up and you feel soooooooooo gooooood afterwards. I barely quit smoking when I started so I was always red in the face and breathing heavily, but the magic of quitting smoking is that your lungs heal and you get your breath back! Now I bounce around all I want with no redness and no wheezing!! It only took about 2-3 months not smoking to bound up the stairs and dance again with no problems.

Cute workout gear you can find anywhere nowadays, but for a price right? I have discovered www.ellie.com and www.onzie.com for cute affordable gear for women. The former you get an entire outfit starting at $49.95 and you go month to month skipping at any time. Also if you hit up TJ Maxx and Norstrom Rack there's usually plenty of great affordable workout shoes and clothes there.

On top of that, why don't you use some of that booze money for a massage? If you could afford to get hammered you can afford to take care of yourself!

So go get 'em, either at a class or in your living room, and get your confidence up and your groove on!

Love, peace, and sweat,

The Savvy Sobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment